Thursday, March 5, 2009

My interactions with Alltel

So I was with Sprint for 6 years before deciding to change my service provider to Alltel. The reason basically I moved over to Alltel was the mere fact everyone in my city uses Alltel, and everyone I call seem to have Alltel so with having mobile to mobile, and the cool feature of the friends circle I thought it would really cut back on a little of my usage. I changed over to Alltel in Jan of 2008. At first everything seem great. Anytime I would have to contact customer service it seem they were really there to serve thier customer's needs, and it seem they cared. In store service has also been great for me. Everyone always seem so friendly and ready to help no matter the problem.
In October I bought a Blackberry Pearl striaght from the sales department, and straight out of my pocket. No discounts or any phone upgrades were available so I bought the phone, and switched my plan over to the data plan which runs 100 a month for unlimited data for the Blackberry. Only downfall to it is you only have 500 anytime minutes, but I talk to everyone who has Alltel therefore it falls under mobile to mobile minutes. Not bad.
So I have been having some issues with my Blackberry and I took it in about 2 weeks ago, and the gentleman basically told me he could file it on warranty and get it exchanged. I was actually in the store with my cousin at the time, and was running behind as I had to pick my nephews up from school so I let the gentleman know I would be back in to get this fixed. He said no problem as long as I had it done before October of 2009 (HA) as that is when the warranty ran out.
So I had time to run back in the store today, after speaking with tech support over the phone last night. Tech support stated I would need to go in the store and they could exchange the phone there since it had been documented of the problems. So my cousin has the Blackberry Curve and her trackball had been acting up. So we went in together today to try to get these things resolved. So first of all a gentleman name Brian took her phone and went to the back with it, and really didnt tell us anything. So we waited about 4-6 minutes and he returned with the trackball taken compltely apart. He then proceeds to loose a piece of it. Then he tells her she has to pay to have this fixed and file an insurance claim. Well I am very sorry but I do not see where she should have to file an insurance claim when he broke it in the store himself, and refuse to put it back together. When she files the insurance claim she would have to pay $95.00, and you can only use 2 claims per year.
So we spoke to his manager who seem to not care either, and then went to the Alltel store across town, and they could not do anything about it. So her husband called and talk with the general manager, and finally was able to make the insurance claim but Alltel is going to reimburse it. Keep in mind she still has one claim against her insurance now.
So then when we went back to file this claim we got a new assosicate. I have to say this man was amazing. He was what customer service is all about. After having the run around allday, and very poor customer service, Mark was able to get both of our phones exchanged. My cousins was exchanged on the spot, and mine will be coming in the mail.
So I am willing to give this company another try, but I have to say my patience is running thin. They said if they get my phone and cannot find anything wrong with it they will ship it back to me and I would have to make an insurance claim as well. You have to pay $95.00 usually for a PDA phone. I believe at this point I would rather come up with $150.00 more and pay the Early Termination Fee.
Alltel, I hope you can fix your in-store customer service agents.

No comments:

Post a Comment