Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Work from home, and have insurance. Is this impossible?

So I have worked from home for around three years now. In my experience I have found there to be many great jobs out there that pay well, and you can actually make a decent living from it. Keep in mind there is no such thing (that I have found) as getting rich quick. I started out working for a company called LiveOps. LiveOps is a call center job with all types of calls. They handle inbound customer service, inbound sales, outbound sales, and much more. As I started out my career in a work at home enviroment I have to say I was 100% greenhand at this. I thought I was self-motivated until I took this work at home world. So needless to say I was not good with LiveOps at all. LiveOps gave me all the resources they could for my success, however, a company can only give so much until it is up to the employee. So I cannot say anything bad about LiveOps. They are a great company, and anyone interested should check into them.
So upon leaving LiveOps I had put in a few application's elsewhere in the work at home world. Soon I had a company contact me called Cloud10Corp. I was hired on as an inbound customer service represenative, and absolutely loved working for Cloud10. I took inbound calls for T-Mobile Pre Paid services. I worked that project for a year, and T-Mobile no longer let us take their calls. So I was moved to a project taking inbound calls for a cable company. Unfortunately the company did not offer hours that would work for my life at the time. At this time I was also helping care for my mother who you have heard me speak of in previous posts.
So with this being said I have not been looking for work in a few months, but I have recently started back. I was hired on with a company called Convergys, and was to start training on Feb. 10. As you read in my last post my mother passed away that day. So sadly I was not able to start. I contacted Convergys and they have been much more than amazing about the situation. My recruiter told me to take the time I needed and handle everything, and when I was ready to come back to let her know. I contacted her last week, and today I was hired on for a new project taking Directv calls. I am so excited to get started.
In all my work at home jobs I have never had a company offer full benefits. I am so excited now because I will have full benefits and college tuition reimursement. So if you are looking for insurance, and the advantage of working from home check Convergys out. They can be located at: http://www.convergys.com/careers/

No comments:

Post a Comment